Friday, June 13, 2014

Portland Hotel

The Portland Hotel has been around for quite some time now. Run by the same people that run the James Squire Brewhouse, this place is all about the beers. It is a brewery as well as a pub.

James Squire is an Australian beer company which was established in 1806 in New South Wales. Ever since the beers are really popular with Australians for their sweet, malt like taste.

It is in an old style building which I loved the look of. Its very rare to see these in the city.

At night it is very lively with lots and lots of sports action happening. Footy fans won't want to miss this as the footy is always shown on a Friday night.

I had my Entertainment voucher with me and hence I got the 25% discount.

You order and you pay at the counter and you collect your drinks there. And then they bring out the rest. The wait wasn't too long.

The bathrooms are out the back where the brewery is.

I of course couldn't live without my lemonade ($4.50) which was alright

They are great in the Parma department but since I don't eat red meat, I went for their Fish and Chips with Cider ($23). The fish was a little bit soggy but tasted good with the cider in it. And I'm not normally one to drink. The cider added another dimension.

The chips were ok but I had a hard time finishing them.
Fish and chips (left) and Onion rings (rights)

I also ordered the beer battered onion rings ($12) which was presented to me in a pile. These were great and I loved the sauce this time. It was very addictive and sweet.

Verdict: I'd be happy to return with a group of beer lovers for their beer flight ($12 for three or four shots of different beers).

Come here for the novelty of trying Australian beers.

Editors note: The Portland Hotel offers Entertainment member a 25% off the total bill so do buy from us if you want this discount and others.


Portland Hotel & James Squire Brewhouse on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...