Friday, March 14, 2014

The Atlantic by Claudia



The decor is just stunning

As part of the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival series.

The Atlantic is a seafood bar at Crown. But it is normally the most expensive. That is until the Melbourne Food and Wine festival where you can purchase two courses, tea/coffee, wine/soft drinks for $40 for lunch at selected places. This is one of them. The bread and the chocolates are complimentary.
The menu outside

I love the wine glass

The wait staff are lovely. I loved the Asian one with the ponytail. She smiled and was very gentle. The waiter was very attentive. However do expect two hours for this sort of lunch.
oysters 

Entree of risotto

Lemonade


For entree I had the summer vegetable risotto (normally $22) and for main I had fish and chips (normally $36). At the end I had green tea. There is coffee but I'd be awake for a long time.

I really didn't know what to expect for fine dining seeing as I don't do that sort of thing. I didn't know to expect two hours for the whole experience.

The bread was lovely and warm. Actually you can choose sourdough like I did or rye. I love the chewiness of my bread and the butter was to die for.

The summer risotto was lovely to look at, but bland in taste. It could have done with a bit more salt to it. The rice was cooked well. The sauce was a little bit cheesy.

The fish and chips were just lovely to look at and actually it was quite fun to unwrap the paper. But I didn't enjoy the tartare sauce. Again it was bland. The fish was fresh but a bit overcooked. There were far too many chips on the plate and not enough fish for the price. I was expecting more seafood. The batter was nice and crunchy
Chocolate

Green tea

The chocolate was just melt in the mouth and to die for. I wondered if they made it themselves. I really loved the crunch of the nuts. What a lovely way to end the meal.
At the end of the meal I had green tea ( I think it was $4.5- but it was included in the $40 menu) and chocolate biscuits with nuts in them. I loved the salitiness of the chcolate.I also loved the crunch of the biscuit
The bill. I loved the cover

Verdict: It wasn't the greatest as I have had fish and chips at better places, think Meat and Wine Co, but I would come here just for the experience and to try out the lobster, prawn salad and the tuna main. And I want the oysters from the oyster bar.
The opulence of the place reminds me a little of the Titanic.
The Atlantic on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...