Sunday, January 5, 2014

Friends of Mine

Friends of Mine is a really popular brunch place in Richmond.

They are open all summer long and do all day breakfasts. Like Snow Pony they have their muffins. But the only downside is that they don't do EFTPOS or credit. So you have to have $30-$50 worth of cash for the meal which is over $15.

This place is around the corner from Burnley station (zone 1). It takes about ten minutes by train from the city to get here.

This a dog friendly place and a great place to meet friends.

When I got there there was a massive queue of people all waiting for tables. It was about a ten minute wait for a table.

The bathrooms are next to the wine cabinet and they are so cute.









I had a short black ($3.50). The coffee was quite good with a nutty and chocolatey smell and taste.

Oh and I loved that this place has SOHO drinks. Yipee! Not too many places in Melbourne has this. I had the orange and mango drink ($4.50). SOHO is an organic drink company.

My McFlurry (a small muffin with eggs and ham- but the ham, I took it out as I was vegetarian and I didn't know it had ham ($5.50)) was good, but not as great as the one from Snow Pony. The one from Snow Pony had herbs in it and was way bigger.

I had the uber cool, but expensive make your own rice paper rolls with trout ceviche. It came with two make your own rolls. It was $14. The fish was fresh and I loved the citrusy mix in the middle. It gave the dish a nice texture.

Students you should come and visit this lovely cafe as it is not too far from the City and Swinburne Uni.  MELD, you would love the coffee there.

Next time I'll come for the cutesy cakes and scones and coffee.

Note (updated on 14/4/2014): Friends of mine are now featured in the Entertainment book and are offering 25% off the total bill. You can buy a digital membership for convenience or still purchase the book from our  page.
Friends of Mine on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...