Sunday, December 1, 2013

Tyranny of Distance

 As part of the Good Food Month

The Tyranny of Distance is a stones throw away from Windsor train station.

Here it is a little quaint old cafe with a 70's vibe to it.










The only gripe is that I didn't enjoy the waitress attitude (the one that was brunette, very skinny and with the glasses). She was very unhappy and very rude towards her customers. The other one was fine and smiling and was happy to answer any questions.

When the waitress with the glasses came with my meal, I said to her, " I asked for no bacon" and she said "Fuck! I forgot!" Ok these things happen but at least you should apologize.

I had the $20 deal which included the house sweet (which was lovely homemade muffins) and the chilli eggs with flatbread. It came with coffee. I love buying these deals as you get to try everything.

The chilli eggs had a very subtle hint of chill which I loved. The eggs were done really nicely and for their normal price of $15.50, I was easily full. Bargain!

Oh and unlike what one reviewer said on urbanspoon about the salad, I really liked this a lot. It was basic, but done well with the lovely lemon and olive oil dressing.

The coffee was just ok. It was a bit bitter for my liking, but at least it was a short black.

I loved the muffins. The friendly waitress said that they were baked a couple of hours ago. The pear, ginger and walnut one that I had was lovely and melted in the mouth.

The only one suggestion that I would have to get rid of the waitress with the glasses and replace her with a more friendly one. Then that way the place will be more busier and livelier. Oh and make it a non smoking place. No one likes the smoke.

With competition around the corner, I might not come back until they pick up their game. But if you don't mind the rude service by all means go for it.
Tyranny of Distance on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...