Sunday, December 1, 2013

Shizuku- the first place in Melbourne to have ramen burgers by Katherine

Shizuku has just opened a few months ago and they are still new.

They are about a 10-15 minute tram ride from the city. Or they are a stone away from North Richmond station. 

They are the first place in Melbourne to do ramen burgers. I had bought a Groupon for this which included miso soup for $12. Initially after reading the reviews online I thought I wasn't going to get anything out of the deal so I put buying it. That is, until MELD persuaded me to try the signature burger.

Here I was greeted by the lovely waiter who was kind enough to assist me with the Japanese burger and how to eat it. They also assisted others new to the concept as well. They do honour Groupon deals, unlike what some others claim.





They have lunchtime weekly specials and these change.

The bathrooms are outside.

The ramen burger is a nice healthy twist on the normal burger. They have vegetarian and pork belly. I chose the vegetarian one. Here I loved the miso jam and the eggplant. The miso jam had that wonderful sweetness. But there wasn't any salad except for a few leaves.


I also wanted to try out their tofu dish ($10). Here I didn't expect the tofu to be cold. I thought it was deep fried tofu. This was quite big and filling. Oh and I loved the bonito flakes.

When I saw they had cold green tea, I was intrigued. And they had the real Japanese Green tea for $4.50. I guess that this stuff was imported.

Its sad though that the two ladies sitting at the table next to me didn't like their ramen. They thought that it was too salty. They should have tried the burger as it wasn't salty at all. In fact the ramen was crispy and didn't fall apart.

 I hope that more and more people like it and discover the Japanese burger as it is here to stay.
Shizuku on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...