Saturday, November 2, 2013

Ajisen Ramen in Melbourne Central- a revisit

You might remember the last visit to this place which has been about a year ago.

Here nothing much has really changed. They still offer the Entertainment book discount of 25% off the total bill.








I went with a group of twenty people

The service was rather slow at times and not everyone's meals came out together. Some of us waited a while for our meals and didn't enjoy watching the others eat.

We ordered drinks to start off with. I had the lemon iced tea ($3.50) which tasted more like cordial and less like tea. Someone else in my group had genmacha which looked really weak.  I loved the cute little teapot but that was about it. I have had this before and I didn't really like it.

They are known for their ramen especially paiku ramen. Whilst I didn't order any a few people in my group did and I had a chance to try some of it. The broth was extremely salty which one of the group member did not like. It tasted really garlicky so probably best not to order this if you are working that day. But the noodles were very springy and the meat was very tender. When it came to the table it was lukewarm at best.

I had the Salmon sashimi Ikura don ($15). This was rather small for the price paid. Whilst the fish was fresh the rice was very very warm, something which I don't expect for chirashi sushi. The vegetables were really minimal. The lettuce was fresh though. My meal was one of the first ones to be served at our table within five minutes. Hence I thought that they didn't really put a lot of time into it and they just microwaved the rice.

The wasabi was the powdered type.

I really hope that they lift their game. I really prefer the Bourke st store rather than this one. It is really confusing how they have two stores that are so close to each other in the CBD. They should have one Highpoint or nearby there so that the Westies can get to this place.


Ajisen Ramen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...