Saturday, November 17, 2012

Chinatown night market Visit no 2

I went back to the Chinatown market and this time I managed to have enough money for char kuey teow, momo and lemon tea.

There wasn't as many people and stalls as last time.




























Char Kuey Teow is a Malaysian rice noodle dish which is fried. In here it costs just $10 for a small box and they don't let you do half which is what I wanted them to do seeing as I'm going for dinner elsewhere and I wanted room for other things.

I'm glad I also got to try the momo which I didn't do last time. Momo is a Nepalese dumpling which has both meat and vegetables. The plate of five dumplings is $5 each. They were yum.

There was no Yoghaddiction this time  as I would have liked there to have been. Instead there was a new Ginger tea stall. I got to sample some new teas. These teas are really hard to find in Melbourne and they are just making their way into the market. They are from the US. They have no alcohol in them.

There was no Popriah this time.

Some things which I did not get to try are:

* some of these Japanese buns shaped like a fish. I can't remember the name though.

* Also there was the Chinese Jiaozi (Or pan fried dumplings filled with meat) as well as Hor fun.

* The oysters in the egg and the sauce looked nice and there is a free drink with it. The oysters were $9.90

* The takoyaki (Japanese octopus balls)

* And the roti and the satay

Next time I'll bring a friend and go there at dinnertime instead of afternoon teatime.


No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...