Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pho Dzung

After my disappointing meal at Mekong in the city, I was really inspired to find a new place preferably in the city.
This place was cleaner than Mekong, but I would have liked to be a lot cleaner. 11 other bloggers have blogged about this place.









My server, unlike the others has a really poor grasp of English and watched over me like a hawk. He was an older guy. He just plonked me at my table and said when I asked him which was the best pho he said "You choose". The other younger guy was much better to me and the couple that came in.
I have been to a few of these pho places before and I know what pho is all about. Pho is a Vietnamese noodle soup with lots and lots of fillings. It's like the chinese noodle soup but a big bigger and you can add in as little or as much mint, vegetables and condiments as you like. I have tried a medium bowl before and I know I couldn't finish it. Hnece I went for the smaller bowls.
I had my usual special beef combination pho ($8.80 for a small) which was better than the disappointing dinner at Mekong. The soup was a tad bit salty but not overly so. This time the noodles were cooked and unbroken. This time there was brown sauce and lots of spring onions and fresh vegetables. But no pickled onions which I love with my soup. The tripe was a little too chewy but I loved the giblet.
I also had the Vietnamese white coffee ($3.50). It traditionally is with condensed milk and instant coffee. It wasn't too bad, but my server could have told me to stir all the milk in. I found it was really sweet at the end.
I think I'd prefer to come here more often and maybe with my pho loving friend from Mekong. I know he'll love this as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...