Saturday, June 23, 2012

Gloria Jeans= doesn't like it

Gloria Jeans is a chain store which sells coffee all over Australia and the world. You'll find a shop in every city (well almost).
There are so many of them here in Melbourne.
A few gripes (hates) I have with them
1) Their staff- some are rude and some are not. But the ones in the St Kilda road branch are grumpy and don't care much about customers. The Indians were just talking to each other and not caring too much about what the customer wants. Most of the Gloria Jeans places employ international students and my bet is that they are underpaid.
2) They're Christian and support the Australian Christian lobby. You can read about it here:  http://thatsmyphilosophy.wordpress.com/2012/06/11/why-i-boycott-gloria-jeans-coffee-and-you-should-too/
3) Their decor- Most of them are just plain dirty. But the one in QV is the cleanest one. The one in St Kilda road is really dirty and most of the decor is plain old.
4) The food- Well they are here to mainly serve fair trade coffee. Everything there is overpriced. I think their standards for coffee and food have dropped. I have been to their stores on and off within the last few years and things have changed for the worst. Well the last time I went there I had a voucher courtesy of some friends that work there. I had a bagel and a hot chocolate. They ran out of jam and blueberry bagels so I settled for a plain one. Which wasn't as nice without the jam. The hot chocolate was really weak and the milk was a little bit stale. I think it was a day old.






their coffee bean



The bagel was a little bit burnt.
Well from now on I think I'll support the boycott and stop going there and tell my student union friends to stop as well. Even if someone paid me or give me coffee for free. They are ruining Melbourne's good rep for coffee.
If you like really bad and overpriced coffees then go there. But if you don't stop going there. I haven't been to the ones in Sydney. I heard that they have much better Gloria Jeans coffee places  there then here

What do you think of them? Tell us your experiences below (good or bad)
Gloria Jeans Coffee on Urbanspoon
Gloria Jean's Coffees on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...