Friday, October 10, 2014

Banoi

As part of RNIS Healthy Living month

Banoi is at the quiet end of the city. In fact it is in Docklands hence things are little more pricey.

Banoi is a little kitschy restaurant which might be hard to spot at night. When I arrived at 6pm there were a few Caucasians and one Asian and many people seemed to get takeaway.

The service there was friendly but a little bit slow at times.

I had their specialty drink of kumquat lemonade ($4). Here this tasted a lot more like a kumquat juice which I guess in a way this is good for the health fanactics.

I also had a massive serve of salmon and avocado rice paper rolls ($7.50). These were great, but I'm not too sure about the mayo though. I would have liked my usual sauce of nuoc nam (peanut sauce) but I guess some people are allergic to peanuts.

Then I also had the main of tofu with vegetarian spring rolls and vermicelli ($12.50) which was quite satisfying on this lovely spring day when we are trying to eat healthy. It was packed full of veg and the spring rolls and tofu was not too oily. In fact I loved their fish sauce as well.

For dessert I had my favourite custard bun (I think it was $2). It was yum but I think the custard a little bit hard from being overcooked. It took a while to come too.

I am yet to try their pho but from some of the reviews on Urbanspoon about their pho, its best to try their rice paper rolls and salads.
Banoi welcome to Docklands and I hope that many people will visit this lovely healthy Vietnamese place.
Banoi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...