Sunday, September 27, 2015

North East China family

North East China Family has been around for quite some time, but I don't go down that laneway much or that side of the city.
The table-nice and simple

A welcoming note 





So one cold night after Fitclub I wandered in. Here at 7:30pm it was dead quiet but I did not receive food until about 8pm. Which was fine by me as I was happy watching them make the food and the noodles. I remembered reading Sweet and Sour's review and Eat and be merry's review and whilst Ming didn't like it much, Eat and be Merry did. Gastrology hated it for the service.

The service was so-so. The waitress did not smile one bit even though she said she had a fine day today. When one guy asked her about the different oils that they cooked the dumplings in she did not know either.

But personally I really liked it for their handmade noodles with the eggplant sauce ($10). The meal was cheap but filling. The bowl was huge.

On the other hand the Spring onion pancake was not that great. It was really doughy. For $4 I can't complain too much. There was a puddle of oil down the bottom.

Rating: 11/20-not bad. Go there for the noodles though not the spring onion pancake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...