Thursday, July 9, 2015

Malaysian Bazaar

This bazaar was in Malaysia Hall which is a short tram ride away from the city and a 10 minute walk from Prahran station.

They only accept cash and there are about 17 stallholders all of which are student/Malaysian clubs.


Image courtesy of MH RC on Facebook
Here I sampled many Malaysian foods including their tradition roti and pumpkin donut which is just amazing. Then we also had their sesame ball which is also good. This one did not have the red bean paste, rather it had a sesame and bean paste.

The roti ($2) was not too oily which I liked. 
Prawn fritters. Image courtesy of MH RC on Facebook
I also tried the prawn fritter. This one was not as huge as the one in Malaysia festival. In fact this one was smaller. I really enjoyed this.I had that and their nasi goreng ($7) which was homemade. I also enjoyed the nasi goreng. The egg was cooked well. If only there was cucumber. If you want to eat there, some of the stalls do not have cutlery so you might have to BYO it.
Desserts courtesy of MH RC on Facebook

The Nasi Goreng stall courtesy of MH RC on Facebook

Roti Jala courtesy of MH RC on Facebook

They also did do teh tarik ($2 a cup) but I wasn't in the mood for that. To me teh tarik in some of the cafes is always too sweet and way too creamy. I wanted the rose tea but they did not have. Rose tea is just sugar, the tea and water.

Do come by on their final day of July the 11th.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...