Friday, December 19, 2014

Hanoi Hannah

Hanoi Hannah has been raved on about for its good food so it probably does not need much of an introduction. Except that it is a really good bar with a good cocktail and drink selection. All the locals love the gem.

It is right off Chapel st in Prahran and its about a twenty minute tram ride. They have outdoor and indoor seating and it is lovely to relax outside in the sun. It was also fun watching the barman do his thing and the coconuts being cut.

The service was a little bit of a letdown. The lady that served me did not smile and seemed snobbish. I know it was after 12:30pm and just after they opened, but that's no reason to be snobby.

But the food was all good and they have some lighter, vegetarian options such as rice paper rolls and salads which are perfect on this day.

I had their vegetarian rice paper rolls ($5.50 for 2) and their crispy tofu with vermicelli and salad ($12.50). Am trying to be healthy these days

I loved their rice paper rolls as they were fresh and tofu was just perfect but I wasn't a huge fan of vermicelli salad with tofu. It had too much sauce in there. So much that I couldn't taste anything else. They gave me sauce for the crispy tofu but I didn't really need it as there was sauce down the bottom and I was happy just trying out their authentic chilli sauce which I have to say was good.

Rating: 13/20- great rice paper rolls and drink selection. Not too sure that I would try their vermicelli salad though but I would love to give their pho a try seeing as I saw one guy's attractive bowl of pho.
Hanoi Hannah on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...