Friday, October 18, 2013

When a local meets an International student

By Katherine.
Students when you come to Australia you'll find that one of the things we like to do is be punctual for everything. Here is one story of an encounter with an International student who was late to their first meeting

I have met many International students during my time at RMIT.

But in this scenario one of my friends that I have met got really lost. It was the first time meeting them and I had wanted to take them to a cafe nearby RMIT.

My friend was from India and had no idea about being punctual.

They were late by half an hour due to getting lost. They had no idea that they can easily look it up on Google.

They did not call.

And then when they got there they did not say sorry being late.

In the end I was not happy with them and I gave them a huge lecture about being on time for things.

Students you should learn to find things for yourself. After all that is what you will be doing for the next three to five years of study. You need to learn to research places and things. It is easy just type the name of the place into Google or Urbanspoon and find it from there.

If you are going to be late, call. It is good manners to do so.

The local students love to meet up with the Internationals. But we expect that the Internationals have some good manners. Good manners go far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...