Thursday, September 7, 2017

Gru Thai

RNIS was invited to try this place and did not have to pay

Gru Thai is a new place in South Melbourne which is either liked or disliked by bloggers. Here they do authentic Thai but not as authentic as Cookie. They had several Groupons which bloggers and customers bought alike.

Here not only are they a restaurant but they are also a gift and grocery store. You can buy things to take home. And yes they do Menulog but we weren't allowed any takeaway.







First up were the drinks. And yes they were speedy but they were also very quiet for a Friday night. Here I got a strong tasting Thai lager and my friend had the coke. My friend wanted to leave really soon.

My friend had the Pad Thai and it was really good without the chilli sauce. Although the beef was slightly overcooked the noodles were al dente and it had a lot of wok hei to it.

I got the Thai fried rice which was vegetarian. This was bland and had no wok hei to it. All it was is just vegetables and tofu. There was no pineapple in there.

The roti was really thin and not flaky. I preferred Cookie's roti any day as it was flaky. This was not flaky but thick and eggy.

But I did like the prawn money bags though.

In the end I was full but not so full as to enjoy their coconut ice cream. This ice cream played on my tongue in terms of flavour and was not too sweet.

Rating: 13/20- its just ok, but do give the Pad Thai a try for yourself. As for the roti I prefer Cookie anyday.
Gru Thai Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...