Sunday, August 16, 2015

MyFitness Pal's better beverage challenge.

 Many students don't drink enough water and have too many soft drinks. This can be very bad for your health. According to the Healthy Lifestyle lounge about 9 out of 10 are often dehydrated.


tea

I took this on to try and see how many calories I am saving by doing the swap the sugary drinks for water or non carbonated drinks. According to MyFitnesspal a 250 ml glass of lemonade is about 100 cal. A latte is about 150 cal.

This challenge goes for four weeks. As a student I already collected free water bottles at Oweek so there was no need to buy a new one. I don't usually have a lot of sugary drinks in the fridge at home. I however do have some milk. The pura milk is about 156 cal per glass. A large latte is about 200 cals per glass. With sugar it would be a lot more. Black coffee is about 2-4 cal per glass.

A soft drink in a cafe is about $3.50 to $5 per bottle depending on how much you get.

The challenge itself was easy for me as I had easy access to the water. I am not too sure how it would be for others.

What did we learn in the end?

We learnt that soft drinks are not only expensive but they dehydrate you and they have a lot of sugar. Our health is much better now and we don't have as much pms as we used to when we drank too much sugary drinks

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...