Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pepper Lunch by Katherine

Pepper Lunch is a new lunch place on Elizabeth st near RMIT. Although it has been opened for a month now the place is really busy. My tram stop is just outside the place so I wanted to visit. About 5 other bloggers have raved on about how good the food was. They include Peach Water, Meld Magazine, Secret temple, Bonding Tool and Yellow Eggs.

It is a Japanese place specializing in hot pot. Here you cook your meals at your table and wella within minutes it is ready. You can also add extras for under $5.

Today when I came at 1pm the place was packed with students and workers from the nearby RMIT. But it wasn't hard to find a table and I was served relatviely quickly. My meal only took about 5 mins.

Whilst waiting for my meal I could hear numbers being called out for takeaway and the greeting of "Iradashimee" meaning "welcome"

I also had a chance to check out the bathroom and it was ordinary. But I did like the sign up sheet on the door meaning that they take cleaning seriously. The bathrooms are out the back and up a few steps.










I had a miso soup ($2.65) and a salmon don on a hotplate ($11). It was fun mixing in all the sauces and cooking it yourself. The salmon too was nice. I would have love to have some bean shoots and more vegetables. The rice wasn't too peppery like some people said it was. There is garlic butter in which you have to stir it in.

The hotplate is quite hot so be careful when you put the food in your mouth.

I loved the egg and tofu bits in the miso soup. I didn't expect egg so this was a pleasant surprise, but loved it.

I would definately recommend this place as an everyday eat as it is so cheap and yummy.
Pepper Lunch Elizabeth on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...