Saturday, March 24, 2018

The Louden Restaurant

The Louden Restaurant is in Mercure in the city. And they are a part of the Le Accor hotels program (a program which rewards guests in many different ways for their loyalty).

Here they don't offer much in terms of vegetarian food but they do have some meals which are locally sourced. And all of their wines are locally sourced.



Oddily the bathrooms are outside the restaurant. Turn right after the exit and you'll find them. You'll also find all of their awards on the wall.

The service was just ok. They did forget to record my booking (and I booked via Dimmi). And they forgot my wine until I had to remind them. It was a quiet night (it was a midweek dinner).

I had the vegetarian gnocchi. It was nice and the chickpeas gave it that crunch. It had that very subtle hint of pumpkin and it would have been better with feta and not the other grated cheese.

I loved the offering of lots of vegetables though and that lovely EVO did it justice. I love simple dishes like these.

The wine that I had was a chardonnay. This went well with the pasta and it had that light, fruity taste to it. It also smelt fruity.

Not bad for a hotel restaurant and my first one being a Le Accor Member.
Louden Kitchen & Grill - The Swanston Hotel Melbourne, Grand Mercure Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...