Friday, December 5, 2014

Ramen Ya and 1000 WAT

They are in the Emporium and I had wanted to check both out for some time now. Ramen Ya and 1000 WAT are both in the same shop and are both owned by the same owner. They both have the lunch meal sets but Ramen Ya is slightly more pricey. 1000WAT is a Thai place.


Ramen Ya has Japanese staff and Japanese drinks. I was served by a Japanese waitress.

And they share seating with each other.

But on one Tuesday that I went there was hardly anyone until after 12:30pm where all the hungry workers came.
Miso soup


From Ramen Ya I had a bento with green tea, extra salad and miso soup. Its great for a person like myself who is trying to stay healthy. I got a terriyaki tofu bento for $16. Here I really loved my salad, rice and seaweed salad. The lettuce salad didn't have too much dressing which is just great as you can taste the freshness of the vegetables. The tea was just ok, I have had better. The miso soup was of the powered kind. But the rice though was Australian which I liked. Its not often that you see this in Asian restaurants.

The terriyaki tofu was of the firm types. But what I didn't love was the fact that they put too much sauce on this. I would have liked it better if it was on the side.
Ramen Ya on Urbanspoon

The coconut cha yen (soft serve for $2.50 from 1000WAT) was a bit on the very sweetish side. And sadly they don't do cups with this.

I would love to see what else 1000WAT has to offer us. I have heard many good things about this. Hmm not too sure about Ramenya though. Will have to wait and see.
1000 Wat on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...